If you’ve been following me on Instagram and have watched my stories, then you know I’ve had a special theme this week of FEAR. Each day I’ve shared ways it can affect your life when you feel fear.
I’ve received dm’s, texts and emails of support around this topic and I absolutely adore that! Last night, my love sent me an email that was inspired by my stories and it was TOO GOOD not to share. He helps me be fearless every single day and we are each others number one fans. So, as a special guest post – here is what he came up with around fear.
“You inspired me to further develop the topic. I want to give this to you. Use it as you see fit. I know I will.
The Anatomy of Fear
- If you FIGHT Fear — it’s exercising it’s muscle against you, bulking up… and gets stronger.
- If you IGNORE Fear — it goes into your basement, it works out – and gets stronger.
- If you LIVE IN fear — it beats on you, it wins.. and gets stronger.
- Let it go.
- Let it out.
- Free it.
- It will leave.
How do you FREE Fear?
- NAME it — recognize it, Say its name, really know what it is and call it out for what it really represents, know it’s name, say it’s name out loud, look it in its eyes and talk back. It doesn’t own you.
- SHARE it – transparency robs fear of its strength. The light begins a drain on its power. It may be hard to do but as soon as you share your fear (it’s name, what it really is) with a trusted friend, family member, or even blog about it — the light begins to shine, it’s strength starts drain… and fear is suddenly afraid itself.
- LEAN IN – that once elusive and powerful fear is now named, it’s in the light, there’s more than just you now taking it on, and it’s strength is starting to wain —- and now it’s worried… so now is the time for you to LEAN in. Walk up to it. Push into it. Talk back at it and do something it’s always tried to prevent you from doing. Your confidence is strong – so take an action and demonstrate the power shift — and fear now becomes very afraid —- and begins to shake as you start the take down.
- PUNCH it – you own it now. You own that thing. That fear has no power over you. keep doing what you wouldn’t have done and watch that once big dominating intimidating fear – whimper. Punch it. Punch fear in the face and break that chain, open the cage, and free that fear as he escapes quickly afraid of the transparency, courage and confidence you’ve grown. Now it’s gone. You are free too.
These are great tactical tips and tools to handle fear in your daily life. Embrace it and punch it!
Don’t forget to subscribe to receive everything Boss Gal right to your email! I’ll even send you a free clarity gaining, goal setting workbook right away!