In 2021, the world saw a lot of change. The United Kingdom left the European Union, the US elected their first female vice president, and China unveiled the world’s first artificial intelligence news anchor.
So what can we expect in 2022? How will be happier and healthier? In this blog post, we will explore some of the trends that are predicted to have an impact on our well-being in 2022. From healthy eating to mindfulness, I’ve got you covered for a better overall quality of life!
How to be happier and healthier in 2022? Eat healthily!
In 2022, we can expect to see a lot more people turning to healthy eating and avoiding junk food as a way to improve their well-being. According to research from the Global Wellness Institute, the global wellness market is currently at $4.4 trillion and expected to grow to $7 trillion by 2025.
This growth is being driven by increasing awareness of the benefits of healthy eating, as well as the growing demand for healthier foods over junk food. Next time you go grocery shopping or for a snack, opt for something healthy to eat like whole grains instead of processed junk food.
So what can we expect in 2022 when it comes to healthy eating? Well, there are a few trends that are set to dominate. Here are some of them:
- Plant-based diets will continue to grow in popularity.
- The popularity of juicing and smoothies will continue to grow.
- There will be a growing demand for functional foods and supplements.
- The popularity of organic food will continue to grow as the best food to eat.
How to be happier and healthier in 2022? Try mindfulness!
Mindfulness is another trend that is set to have a big impact on us in 2022. According to Psychology Today, “Review studies suggest that mindfulness-based interventions can help reduce anxiety, depression, and pain. To a lesser extent, they can alleviate stress and improve quality of life.”
One of my favorite ways to practice mindfulness is through deep breathing exercises. When I feel stressed, I enjoy sitting in a quiet space and slowing down by allowing myself to breathe deeply. This really helps promote a positive attitude, a higher self esteem, and reduce negative emotions in general.
Another great way to achieve this is to get outside in nature and breathe deeply with some fresh air. I always have great ideas pop up while doing this throughout the week! It’s a good time to put down the cell phone and really focus on what matters most – like positive thoughts!
So how can you get started with mindfulness in 2022? Here are a few tips:
- Find a mindfulness class or download an app.
- Start by meditating for just five minutes per day or a few times a week.
- Try to be more present in everyday activities.
How to be happier and healthier in 2022? Get active!
In 2021, we saw a surge in the popularity of fitness trackers and other health and fitness technologies. And this trend is set to continue in 2022 with great health benefits. According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the global health and fitness technology market is expected to grow to $12.44 billion, up from $5.77 billion in 2016.
Physical activity has always been an important aspect of our health but many are learning just how important regular exercise is due to the pandemic. It’s a great way to reduce stress in life, as well as negative thoughts, and improve health conditions. It’s also a great way to make new friends!
Start by aiming to get exercise two times per week if you’re new to it. You will definitely see an increase in your energy and feel happier!
So what can we expect from the health and fitness technology market in 2022? Here are a few trends to watch out for:
- The popularity of wearable fitness trackers will continue to grow.
- There will be a growing demand for health and fitness apps.
- Virtual reality workouts will become more popular.
How to be happier and healthier in 2022? Get some rest!
In 2021, another trend that is continuing to grow was ensuring enough rest with sleep tracking devices. More of us are no longer willing to accept sleep deprivation going forward. This trend is set to continue in 2022. According to bcc Research, “the global market for sleep aids and technologies is expected to reach $84.9 billion by 2021 from $66.3 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2016 through 2021.”
Getting some rest coupled with exercise will increase positive thoughts, reduce stress and negative thoughts, and contribute to an overall good life.
So what can we expect from the sleep and fatigue management technology market in 2022? Here are a few trends to watch out for:
- The popularity of sleep tracking devices will continue to grow.
- There will be a growing demand for sleep coaching services.
- The popularity of noise-canceling headphones will continue to grow.
- The popularity of meditation apps will continue to grow.
How to be happier and healthier in 2022? Make time for yourself!
In 2021, one of the biggest trends was self-care. And this trend is set to continue in 2022 by spending time with yourself. According to a report by Grand View Research, this market is expected to reach a value of $534.3 billion by 2025. Making time for yourself not only reduces anxiety but also reduces stress hormones to contribute to greater overall life satisfaction. This also gives you a greater sense of purpose vs a sense of chaos or feeling stressed and lost.
So what can we expect from the self-care market in 2022? Here are a few trends to watch out for:
- The popularity of wellness retreats will continue to grow.
- There will be a growing demand for health and lifestyle coaching services.
- The popularity of yoga and Pilates will continue to grow.
- The popularity of aromatherapy will continue to grow.
In summary – How to be happier and healthier in 2022?
Here are a few tips:
- Eat healthily. Eating healthy is not only good for your physical health but mental health as well. Your mental health is directly related to your gut and everything that goes in it!
- Try mindfulness. Mindfulness has been shown to have a range of benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, improving focus and concentration, and enhancing creativity.
- Get active! Whether it’s indoors or out, moving your body for at least 30 minutes per day will greatly impact your mental and physical wellness in a positive way.
- Get some rest! The days of burnout are gone. People are realizing the hustle culture we previously lived in is not worth it.
- Make time for yourself! Prioritizing your self-care and wellbeing will not only help you but will also positively impact those around you. If you can’t help yourself, you can’t help anyone else!
These are some of the trends that we can expect in the world of happy and healthy eating and living in 2022.
So there you have it! These are some of the trends that we can expect in the world of healthy eating in 2022. How will you be preparing for these changes or growth in trends?
Don’t forget to subscribe to receive everything Whispering in Wonderland right to your email! I’ll even send you a free clarity gaining, goal setting workbook!